MailCraft io

Email Marketing Forum

Discuss the latest email marketing news. This is the place to talk about the latest trends and topis.
By djmail
Getresponse published this report on how various industries fair when it comes to email marketing. Here are a few key points that they touched upon:

1. Even though for every $1 invested, email marketing generates an average return of $38. But, that's an average, it is not specific to most industries. So, there was a need to look deeper.

2. The report provides a lot of tactical and strategic information that may be useful to people in other industries.

3. The report also provides other specific stats such as CTRs, percentage of marketers who actually optimize their emails, and so on.

Here is the link: http://blog.getresponse.com/the-state-o ... ustry.html
Last edited by djmail on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By remnant
Email marketing response is measured by open, click to open and click through rates. The industries that generate the highest click to open rates are those in utilities like telecommunications and utilities. Those that generate high click through rates are in the service industry like online advertising, banking and insurance industries. Only about 4% sent personalised, behaviourally adjusted and targeted emails.
By djmail
This report actually put Legal Services and NGOs on the top of the list when it comes to CTRs. But, since that is not exactly the kind of thing marketers usually get into, I would think that your analysis is pretty spot on.
By Smackled
Wow, great data here. I love the cost-to-profit ratio, but even though that's average, I think the ratio still holds weight. Think about how inexpensive it is to really get mail sending optimized compared to the potential output, 38-to-1 still seems pretty good, especially considering that means all those people failing are being offset by some very scary conversions, lol
By djmail
Lol! That's true. I never realized that it was 38-to-1. Although to be fair, it was much lower the previous year, but clearly something has boosted that ratio, and its better to ride the wave then to analyze why there is a wave in the first place.
By djmail
Email marketing response is measured by open, click to open and click through rates. The industries that generate the highest click to open rates are those in utilities like telecommunications and utilities. Those that generate high click through rates are in the service industry like online advertising, banking and insurance industries. Only about 4% sent personalised, behaviourally adjusted and targeted emails.
Yeah. Service industry, especially online advertisers rely heavily on EM campaigns. And the success and survival is dependent on making sure they get high conversion rates.

Join The MailCraft Community