MailCraft io

Email Marketing Forum

Discuss the latest email marketing news. This is the place to talk about the latest trends and topis.
There was a time when open rates and click-through rates ranged between 70 and 80 percent. A time when subscribers checked their emails four or five times a day hoping to find another awesome recommendation from you, the marketer. That was when a list was all you needed to make money. Then came the era of "abuse" when everyone was in everyone's list and nobody bothered read marketing emails anymore. I guess every marketer today is in another IMer's list. What differentiates successful email marketers from those whose emails end up in the spam folder is the kind of relationship one creates with his or her subscribers.
Personally, I hate being sold to three or four times a day in my inbox and I'm sure you do too. However, I enjoy making friends with fellow marketers, reading about their success stories, and learning about the strategies they used to succeed. To me that is not being sold to. It is the equivalent of receiving free valuable information about working products and services.
I believe I share the same sentiments with all the subscribers in your lists. So stop creating lists and start relating well with your subscribers. A list of 200 loyal subscribers who listen, and react positively, to your recommendations is more valuable than a list of thousands who never read your emails.
There was a time when open rates and click-through rates ranged between 70 and 80 percent. A time when subscribers checked their emails four or five times a day hoping to find another awesome recommendation from you, the marketer. That was when a list was all you needed to make money. Then came the era of "abuse" when everyone was in everyone's list and nobody bothered read marketing emails anymore. I guess every marketer today is in another IMer's list. What differentiates successful email marketers from those whose emails end up in the spam folder is the kind of relationship one creates with his or her subscribers.
Personally, I hate being sold to three or four times a day in my inbox and I'm sure you do too. However, I enjoy making friends with fellow marketers, reading about their success stories, and learning about the strategies they used to succeed. To me that is not being sold to. It is the equivalent of receiving free valuable information about working products and services.
I believe I share the same sentiments with all the subscribers in your lists. So stop creating lists and start relating well with your subscribers. A list of 200 loyal subscribers who listen, and react positively, to your recommendations is more valuable than a list of thousands who never read your emails.
I 100% agree with you. This is why there are far less email marketers than there used to be. I love my small responsive lists, they generate the most leads/sales. The biggest hurdle that new email marketers have to overcome is this: I just bought a list of 1 million emails, where can I get a cheap server to blast the list. Thinking like that results in failure 100% of the time.
That is such an accurate point: people forget about building a relationship with their members/subscribers. Those who do not forget, have only gotten stronger as marketers. The fact is that there is so much more that you can do with your list now, including hangouts and other online events. People need to know what you think, how you think it, and what is the true nature of the service you provide.
Last edited by djmail on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That was probably a long time. The trick of successful marketers is to adjust with the time. Of course, the game keeps changing but how smart are to adapt?
Absolutely, as with every other internet business/field, one just has to update, adapt and survive. Email marketing, SEO, and everything in between simply does not wait for the slow and the complacent. The learning must never stop.
Well said! In business relationship with your prospects are the key to your success. Same thing goes with email marketing. Relationship matters alot if you want to have a long term loyal subscriber. The more you relate with them, the more they trust you. And the more they trust you, the more they'll always look forward to reading from you. It will even make them to add your email as favourite in their inbox. Relationship is really necessary. Well said, pal! You are on point.
For successful email marketing, one has to groom his or her customers. Starting with a sales pitch looks invasive. I think trust is the background to any successful email and even offline marketing activity. Kind of treat the subscribers on your list as your followers. You can even spring occasional offers like a free ebook download related to your niche like how to make money online. Another is to send them moneymaking opportunities and send them a link so that they can work under you as referrals so as to create passive income.
For successful email marketing, one has to groom his or her customers. Starting with a sales pitch looks invasive. I think trust is the background to any successful email and even offline marketing activity. Kind of treat the subscribers on your list as your followers. You can even spring occasional offers like a free ebook download related to your niche like how to make money online. Another is to send them moneymaking opportunities and send them a link so that they can work under you as referrals so as to create passive income.
Absolutely. I read about this guy who made gained a ton of subscribers via reddit. The way he did it was quite simple - he contributed to this one sub-reddit. He didn't sell anything. After a couple of months, he posted about his website and how it might help, and people signed up. He even made like 200something sales within the first month - he was selling some information products or something.

Anyways, that just goes to show how important building a relationship really is.
I should also add that another way of creating a list is by approaching your inner circle before radiating outwards. For example in your immediate circle like relatives, friends and acquaintances, regular customers (if you are a businessperson). Your phonebook is also a great place to start. These will get you going and you should also prompt them to spread the word.

Join The MailCraft Community