MailCraft io

Email Marketing Forum

Discuss the latest email marketing news. This is the place to talk about the latest trends and topis.
By djmail
I had to do some pretty extensive writing on this subject, and mobile is a steady heavy best-bet. Apps + availability = increased use. It's just more natural for people to use their device, which is why responsive/touch/mobile optimization is becoming so much more important. Upward trend.
Exactly> Apps + availability = increased use. Its so much more convenient to check out an email on a mobile device - a phone or a tab.
By djmail
As a designer when I'm not on my computer, I'm on my phone. People want to know that you're getting your messages and with the availability of email and mobile apps on smartphones, there's no excuse to not reply quickly. I do know several people too that don't have computers anymore and just use their mobile devices for all of their internet activity.
I do the same thing. I don't think making anyone wait is a good strategy in today's competitive market. I always respond asap and mobile is how I manage to do that, because sometimes you may be away from the desk doing something, living your life, and you get an enquiry from a high-paying client. You can't say, "I'll reply later" That will cost me money, so I use my mobile to respond quickly.

What kind of designing do you do ?
By djmail
I imagine the figure to be higher than that. Emails are mobile phone friendly. The major advantage is that even feature phones can open them. The inconvenience to locate a computer is thus eliminated.
Yeah. If they used data from the last couple of years I imagine the figures would have been much higher. But, since they have used data for the last 4-5 years, I think the normalization/averaging out caused the percentage to drop.
As a designer when I'm not on my computer, I'm on my phone. People want to know that you're getting your messages and with the availability of email and mobile apps on smartphones, there's no excuse to not reply quickly. I do know several people too that don't have computers anymore and just use their mobile devices for all of their internet activity.
I do the same thing. I don't think making anyone wait is a good strategy in today's competitive market. I always respond asap and mobile is how I manage to do that, because sometimes you may be away from the desk doing something, living your life, and you get an enquiry from a high-paying client. You can't say, "I'll reply later" That will cost me money, so I use my mobile to respond quickly.

What kind of designing do you do ?
I completely agree...time is money! I am a graphic designer. What do you do?
By djmail
I completely agree...time is money! I am a graphic designer. What do you do?
I write a lot. Anything from a 30 word ad to a zillion word research report to books. As long as it has something to do with writing I am game for it. That's why I love email as a medium because the more people use mobile devices, the more they "read" (strangely), which means the better I can do at marketing.
I had to do some pretty extensive writing on this subject, and mobile is a steady heavy best-bet. Apps + availability = increased use. It's just more natural for people to use their device, which is why responsive/touch/mobile optimization is becoming so much more important. Upward trend.
Exactly> Apps + availability = increased use. Its so much more convenient to check out an email on a mobile device - a phone or a tab.
Yeah, and on top of that, you can do it while you're in motion. Think about how often people are traveling and bored as opposed to sitting in front of their computer, it's a simple matter of how people spend their lives on a daily basis
That research study is right on the money. With mobile apps, I can easily switch between email accounts. It's a hassle to always turn on my laptop just to check my email. Plus, being able to check my email anytime and anywhere is much more convenient than having to wait until I'm home.
Opening email through mobile devices is out of necessity in many places. In most third world countries, mobile devices are teeming in the populace due to poor public telecommunications systems and the fact that they are cheap. Ignoring mobile phone email customization is missing out of a significant segment.
I open my email in my mobile device sometimes. But to be honest, I'm quite at the other end of the spectrum most of the time. I like opening my email in my laptop since it's easier to see the full message in there. I don't like fiddling with my email messages in my phone because the screen is super small. Yeah, most email messages are optimised for gadgets nowadays but I still find it troublesome to retrieve some emails and files in my phone.

Plus, I don't like the risk of opening a malware or link accidentally in my phone. And that possibility is higher there because it can be quite easy to accidentally click various places in your touch screen device.

Join The MailCraft Community