MailCraft io

Email Marketing Forum

Discuss the latest email marketing news. This is the place to talk about the latest trends and topis.
By thedeatheater1410
While email marketing is a very easy way to reach millions of potential customers in one go, it definitely has a very low output in terms of actual sales. Nowadays almost every company or service will have some or other product emails bombarding the user endlessly. My Promotions Tab in Gmail is always filled with such emails, and I simply never get time to read any of them.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/miketemplem ... ot-enough/
By remnant
I do concur that E-mail marketing does pose some significant challenges. The worst aspect of it is when the unsubscribe button is not working. But this can be mitigated by spacing E-mails at certain specific intervals in ore order not to overwhelm the recipient. An offer is always am incentive since people are always looking for freebies however small.
By djmail
Well, if you know how to dominate your niche, email marketing is enough. What you're referring to are the promotional emails that you get in your gmail from all sorts of companies. BUT, if you have willingly signed up for a service, especially an informational or review related service, you will pick it up from promotional folder or spam folder, and make sure that gmail sends the mails to your inbox folder or updates folder.

This is what needs to be done. This is why I feel that you should always have 2 emails- one for informational emails and noe for promotional emails - so that you don't get sent to the promotional or spam folder.
By djmail
Of course, integraiton with another service is also very important. Maybe you dominate FB or your niche's blogosphere before you let people sign up. Whatever it is, as long as you can show people that there is value, I don't think you would need to worry about anything else.

For a blog, content=product and every mail one sends attracts readers (a.k.a. Clients)
For a review site, content=product and every mail one sends attract eager researchers (a.k.a. Referral clients)
and so on.
By djmail
I get promotional mails from Jay Abraham every few days. And the mails always come into my inbox because I have instructed Gmail to do so. I never visit Jay's website. If there is a webinar link, I click on the link from within the email and watch the webinar, but never visit his website unless I am convinced of buying his service. So, there are a lot of successful people out there who simply run their whole shop via email marketing.
By Hozyboy
Yes I also do not read any mail from companies trying yo sell their products. Most come up in the promotion tab or spam tab and I just highlight them and delete them.

Maybe it is because all of them send their emails to me and most usually read the same as the last one I read ,so instead of wasting my time rereading 50 mails in the promotion part I gust ignore them.

Email marketers should find a way to make the mails more attractive such as bonus offers or discounts. Those I can read. Not something like information about the company.
By Smackled
I agree and disagree. Email marketing isn't what it used to be definitely, it's taken a back seat to other forms of marketing as technology expands. It's more of a utility option, where you'd be kind of dumb not to do it if it's going to make you decent money without spending a lot of time. Squeeze pages aren't that hard at all, but I think people just overdo it with their emails and don't make them special enough.
By djmail
I agree and disagree. Email marketing isn't what it used to be definitely, it's taken a back seat to other forms of marketing as technology expands. It's more of a utility option, where you'd be kind of dumb not to do it if it's going to make you decent money without spending a lot of time. Squeeze pages aren't that hard at all, but I think people just overdo it with their emails and don't make them special enough.
Yepp! People overdo it and that's the reason why it hurts them so much. People want quality not spam.
By Smackled
Yepp! People overdo it and that's the reason why it hurts them so much. People want quality not spam.
Exactly, it's just like regular mail. I remember hearing that people have "2 piles," the stuff they care about and the stuff that's automatically trash. You want to always be the stuff they care about.
By Jimmy-Erenzy
Email Marketing is not for all products. Email Marketing works very well for digital products, webinars, workshops which are sold through affiliate marketing or joint ventures with those who have tens of thousands of optin subscribers to their email lists or newsletters. If you check out jvzoo.com and clickbank.com, the most successful products there were sold through affiliates and joint venture partners who used Email Marketing to sell them.

Join The MailCraft Community